We may collect some information automatically from your computer, without notice such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, computer and connection information, browser type and version, operating system, Internet Service Provider (ISP), timestamps, banner advertisement you click on, the URLs you come from and go to next, and a cookie number.
Signum, together with our service providers and Signum’s affiliates (including holding company(ies), subsidiary(ies) and subsidiary(ies) of such holding company(ies) or any affiliated company under the same control, of Signum or its holding company(ies), all together referred to as “Signum Affiliates”), will sometimes place anonymous cookies or web beacons on your computer or other device when you visit the Site, interact with us or click on any online advertisements through our Site. Your browser must be set to accept cookies in order to access Signum as a registered user. Cookies are small pieces of data sent from a website and stored on a device. Cookies may enable us to capture and compile statistical information about how you use our online Services. Web beacons are invisible tags and may be placed on a webpage or email or other message, which usually work in conjunction with cookies, registering when a particular device visits a particular page. We use these cookies and web beacons to recognise returning users and your preference within our Site, provide relevant content and services using your visited pages and the website links you have followed to, measure traffic and activity on the Site and your browsing behaviour, monitor and improve our Services and protect against fraud.
Most web browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Should you wish not to be tracked by this kind of technology, you can block all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) by changing the settings on your web browser (consult your browser help menu to find out how), but doing so may prevent us from delivering certain Services to you through the Site or prevent you from using the Site properly. We do not link the information we store in cookies to any Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) you submit while on our Site.
Purpose of Collection
For the purposes of the provision of Services by Signum, it is necessary for you, being a user of the Services, to supply Signum with personal data for:
- creating and maintaining user account with Signum;
- considering and processing applications for Services and the daily operation of the Site;
- assessing the suitability and risk profile of users of the Site;
- conducting equity crowdfunding through the Site;
- creating profile, establishing data room and conducting due diligence through the Site;
- using and maintaining the Services provided by Signum (either through the Site or otherwise), or to be provided by Signum Affiliates or other third party service providers through the Site;
- interacting with Signum, any of the Signum Affiliates or third party service providers through the Site;
- execution or administration of any transaction(s) you requested or authorised;
- carrying out post-completion matters for any transaction(s) you entered into;
- subject to obtaining consent of the users, promoting services and products and conducting direct marketing services;
- any other purposes relating to the Services, or any other equity crowdfunding related services you requested through the Site, to be provided by Signum, any of Signum Affiliates or other third party service providers; and
- any other purposes relating to any of the purposes listed above.
Personal data and aggregated information collected are also used for legal and compliance reasons on our part under applicable laws, which shall include:
- conducting know-your-client, due diligence and identification verification procedures for opening of accounts and ongoing monitoring purposes;
- conducting financial or assets background checks whenever appropriate;
- other monitoring and compliance procedures in line with our internal risk management procedures, audit/financial accounting and for other reporting purposes;
- enforcement of legal rights; and
- disclosure to law enforcement bodies/agencies, regulators and other relevant authorities for crime prevention and detection purposes.
Personal data may also be obtained from public domain through different channels, including but not limited to public registers, public search engines, public directories or social media with public view setting, for considering and processing applications for Services or products to be provided by Signum, any of the Signum Affiliates or other third party service providers.